Q. How long is a photo session?
A. Infants, Children, maternity and family sessions are approximately 20-60 minutes depending on type of session. The little ones are usually more content for photos after a nap. Newborn sessions can usually take a few hours taking into account feedings, naps, and soothing time. Newborn sessions must be booked 2-3 months in advance to secure availability. Special seasonal mini sessions are approximately 15 minutes.
Q. Where is the session location?
A. I am a natural light photographer and I love to go to the park, beach, garden, your friend's fabulous house or anywhere that has special meaning to you. I will schedule according to time of day and will photograph children for as long as they allow. I'm not a big fan of forced poses. My vision is to capture you as you are and to have fun in the process. Props and wardrobe changes are encouraged. Newborn sessions are offered in the comfort of your own home. I will travel to your home with my mobile studio.
Q. What is included in my investment?
A. After you've viewed my portfolio and you feel I am the photographer for you, contact me and I will discuss details and we can book a session. Sessions start at $200 and include digital images with printing rights. Please e-mail or call for more information.
Session fee includes:
A pre-session consultation about your vision and wardrobe. This can be done over the phone or e-mail.
Photography shoot at a location of mutual decision.
My personal attention, vision, and time to hand craft up to 25 photos (photographer's choice) presented on an online gallery approximately 2-3 weeks after the session. Additional black & white conversions and custom edited portraits will be added at the discretion of the the photographer. High resolution images will be available via direct e-mail link. Photograph print package options also available.
Your digital images can be printed at the place of your choice, but I highly recommend using my professional printing lab, where each picture is lustre color coated and paper is fade resistant. I can also provide photos on metallic paper, matboard and canvases to display.
Q. What should we wear?
Clothing can really make or break your session. First of all, I want you to feel comfortable and be yourself. Choosing what to wear should not be stressful! Here are some tips:
1. Choose a color palette and terms of tones and everyone can coordinate (NOT match). Keep it simple! Mix solids and patterns.
2. Neutral and muted colors are often easiest to combine and go with any outdoor landscape. My focus is on you and your family's connection to one another, not your clothing or any distracting patterns. Timeless looks always translate best and make for the best prints to display in your home.
3. Skip the fancy party dresses and dress up attire for boys and men.
4. Add some layers and a pop of color. Keep patterns to a minimum and look for pieces that have texture.
5. Wearing clothing that flatter your best asset during your session will definitely show in your images. Men: wear fitted shirts and slacks.
6. Accessories are your friend.
7. Don't be afraid to look for inspiration. Examples: Pinterest, Gap.com